November 14, 2011 meeting minutes
Hope Welty Public Library District Board of Trustees Minutes
November 14, 2011
Call to Order:
The regular meeting of the Hope Welty Public Library (HWPL) District board of trustees was held at the library on November 14, 2011. The meeting was called to order at 4:00 PM by the President. Present were board members: Irma Joynt, Mary Hissong, Genea Lawler, Janice Lonnon, Nancy McDermith, Tracy Mogged, Chelle Shively and Library Director, Sandra Hayes.
No one was present for public forum.
Minutes of the last HWPL meeting:
Janice Lonnon moved to accept the minutes of the October 14, 2011 meeting as read and Genea Lawler seconded the motion. All present voted aye. Motion carried.
The treasurer’s report was given by the treasurer, Chelle Shively. There is a balance of $133,664.77 before paying this month’s bills. Expenses for this month are $11,073.54. Tracy Mogged moved expenses be allowed and Mary Hissong seconded the motion. All present voted aye; motioned carried.
The discrepancy on last months disbursements was checks that had been written but not cleared the bank.
Sandi will instruct Nick to paint the strip above the wooden border in the conference room as well as to finish up the painting of doorways and the walls. The divider between the kitchen and conference room will not be put back up. The old fridge was donated to the scout hall. The old stove was placed outside and someone did pick it up. The piano is still outside and needs to be disposed of as soon as possible.
Time for Librarian: (report attached)
- Sandi reported that the Per Capita Grant check was received
- Sandi will contact John Foltz, library lawyer, regarding the letter received from the Illinois Department of Labor. She will assemble all paperwork that is requested.
- The part for the furnace is under warranty and will be replaced
- Windows have been ordered from Poland Glass for $345
- Sandi will purchase the new stove and refrigerator this week. The range hood will not be replaced.
HWPL District Board of Trustees Meeting Cont. Nov. 14, 2011
- At this time the issue of storing items for American Legion Auxiliary, Women’s Club and Cerro Gordo Alumni Association will be dropped.
- Nancy McDermith moved to accept the Annual Tax Levy Ordinance and Chelle Shively seconded the motion. A roll call vote was taken with all seven members voting yes. Motion carried. The paperwork will be returned to the lawyer.
- Sandi will type up the discussed changes and will present the meeting room policy in December.
- No action was taken on the Salary schedule.
- The board will discuss the Christmas bonuses in close session.
- The library will be decorated on Monday, November 28, 2011 from 10 - noon and conclude with the annual luncheon to honor the librarians and director.
Tracy Mogged moved to adjourn at 6:12 PM to closed session to discuss Christmas bonuses. Chelle Shively seconded motion. A roll call vote was taken. Tracy Mogged, Chelle Shively, Mary Hissong, Irma Joint, Janice Lonnon and Nancy McDermith all voted aye. Motion carried.
Chelle Shively moved to return to regular board meeting at 6:17; seconded by Tracy Mogged. All present voted aye. Motion carried.
Chelle Shively moved to give the director and librarians a Christmas bonus the same as last year of $100 each. Mary Hissong seconded the motion. All present voted aye. Motion carried.
A date for an open house to allow everyone to see the completion of the remodeling project will be held before Christmas if possible.
The job descriptions will be tabled for December meeting.
Next Meeting Date
The next regular meeting of the HWPL District Board of Trustees will be held December 12, 2011 at 4:30 PM.
Tracy Mogged moved to adjourn the meeting of the HWPL District Board of Trustees at 6:20 PM. Mary Hissong seconded the motinon. All present voted aye. Motion carried.
Nancy McDermith, Secretary